Faith is more than religion. It's about a relationship between a person and God. Together, we make faith worth living.
This Church was built in 1876 by Thomas Baldie, to accomodate the growing congregation of Freuchie. The Church is surrounded by a low coped wall and railings. To the rear of the building are a session hall and vestry, and a large hall which was built in the early 20th century. There are two lancet stained glass windows in the south wall which are themed 'I am The Good Shepherd' dedicated to Walter Lumsden, and 'Suffer the Little Children' dedicated to Janet Lumsden which date to the late 19th century.
The North wall faces the main street, in which there are three lancets. The stained glass is by Ballantine and Gardiner, themed 'The Transfiguration'. The images depicted are 'Moses and tablets' on the left, 'Christ and dove' in the centre and 'Man and raven' on the right. The glass is dedicated in memory of Thomas Lundsden and his wife Helen Shepherd Lowson. The tower has an octagonal spired belfry. There is a three sided clock face and the spire is capped by a weather vane.
This Church was built in 1850, on the site of two previous buildings. The first church was built in 1595 after Falkland received it's Royal Charter. It was replaced in 1620 by another building, which had deteriorated so much by the 1840's that it had to be demolished. The present church was built between 1848 and 1850 on rising ground in the centre of the village. The North wall has three lancets with stained glass by Ballantine and Gardiner, dated 1897, which depict
'The Nativity', 'The Ressurection' and 'The Ascension'.
The tower which is on the South elevation, consists of three stages, and is topped with a spire. In the first stage is a latticed door, above which are three pointed windows with latticed panes. The central opening is covered by a memorial to Tyndal Bruce. The third stage has latticed glass windows.
Oneisiphorus Tyndal Bruce was the benefactor who paid for the building of Falkland Parish Church